This year marks another milestone in the Government’s efforts towards driving the national eCommerce agenda in the era of borderless trading of goods and services by the launch of National eCommerce Strategic Roadmap by the YAB Prime Minister on the 13 Oct 2016.
The National eCommerce Council (NeCC), comprising of various Ministries and Agencies, was established to drive the implementation of the roadmap towards doubling Malaysia’s eCommerce growth rate and reach a GDP contribution of RM 211 billion by 2020.
Following 5 miniLabs, focused interviews and inputs from over 100 stakeholders across 54 public and private organizations, Malaysia’s National eCommerce Strategic Roadmap(NeSR) has been developed. The roadmap outlines focused Government intervention in six thrust areas, built on good and affordable infrastructure and supportive governance framework:
Across these six thrust areas, 11 programs have been prioritized for the near term, to deliver significant impact. These programs and their associated initiatives will be led by public sector champions:
SME Corporation Malaysia
1.Promote and market eCommerce to SMEs.
2.Improve the scale and effectiveness of SME eCommerce training and talent development.
3.Create a one-stop e-business portal for SMEs.
Ministry of Finance
4. Require government agencies to use eProcurement to buy goods and services.
5. Encourage government-linked companies to use eProcurement.
Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission
6. Transform Malaysia’s last-mile delivery network with best-in-class capabilities.
Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism
7. Protect consumers’ rights.
Malaysian Investment Development Authority
8. Transform Malaysia into a regional e-fulfillment hub.
Ministry of International Trade and Industry
9. Reduce border clearance lead time for inbound and outbound parcels.
Bank Negara Malaysia
10. Increase awareness of e-payment innovations, benefits, and security.
Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation
11. Promote Malaysian brands in international marketplaces.
We strongly hope that continuous engagement between public and private sector will boost the development of eCommerce ecosystem and ensure the national agenda to be met.
To download a copy of the roadmap, please register here: https://goo.gl/forms/zWZ1BMto4H2JIBKr1